Go Backend Developer
R&D · Karlstad, Oslo Flexible Remote
Varnish Software is growing on a global market and is now entering a new phase! To prepare for this ramp-up, Varnish Software strengthens its R&D Team with a Go Backend Developer.
Varnish Software’s powerful caching technology helps the world’s biggest content providers deliver lightning-fast web and streaming experiences for huge audiences, without downtime or loss of performance.
Our solutions combine open-source flexibility with enterprise robustness to speed up media streaming services, accelerate websites and APIs, and enable global businesses to build custom CDNs, unlocking unbeatable content delivery performance and resilience. Our customers are able to scale easily to match peaks in demand, protect their critical infrastructure and keep costs predictable, enabling them to deliver great web experiences for all of their users, at all times.
As a backend developer, you will strengthen our team developing new products, and maintaining our software, adding features, fixing bugs.
We have a lot of interesting work ahead of us in expanding our Varnish offering, Varnish feature set and scaling to meet demand. We are passionate about Go and Python, clean APIs and have a bias towards shipping and believe that tests are key to higher velocity and reliability. If you share our passions then you’ll fit right in.
As part of the Tools and Platforms team, your primary responsibilities are to:
- Work with a brand new microservice platform written in Golang
- Build software that is used by customers every day.
- Maintain and extend our existing software.
- Write tests at different levels to ensure your code really does what you want.
- Contribute with experience to ensure that everything we build is compatible with modern environments and features specific to these such as auto-scaling, service discovery, and containerization.
- Be creative and brainstorm ideas for ways we can further streamline our development process
We believe that you are...
- A Self-starter who can take work on an idea and quickly and iterate through feedback.
- Able to research best practices and create, validate and present your findings.
- Able to keep projects going from start to finish.
- Passionate Technical interest and experience in mainly Golang (Go) or similar modern programming languages.
- Experience working with services from AWS, Azure or GCP or similar providers.
- Strong Linux experience, comfortable in both Debian and RHEL based systems.
- Self-motivated and self-managing with strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability and experience of developing applications (Golang, Java, Python, Ruby or similar).
- Experience in designing and building systems that scale.
- English written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer
- A happy, creative, non-hierarchical work environment in which you are a valued member of our organization
- Ability to influence product development, creating administration and analytics tools
- Involvement in the complete lifecycle of software products
- Interaction and cooperation with top global customers
- An opportunity to showcase your work in community meetups and other conferences where applicable
- Work in a modern IT environment on a global scale.
- Plenty of challenges and opportunities.
- Contribute your expertise as part of the support rotation
- An international environment with offices and colleagues all over the world