Varnish Software’s powerful caching technology helps the world’s biggest content providers deliver lightning-fast web and streaming experiences for huge audiences, without downtime or loss of performance.
Our solutions combine open-source flexibility with enterprise robustness to speed up media streaming services, accelerate websites and APIs, and enable global businesses to build custom CDNs, unlocking unbeatable content delivery performance and resilience.
As part of the company’s continued global expansion Varnish is recruiting an Account Growth Specialist to focus solely on growing an exciting portfolio of some of the biggest and most innovative businesses in the world. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Global Account sales leader to work within the untapped potential of our customer base.
This is a new role but the successful candidate will be joining an established and rapidly growing team that has already been enjoying success in an exciting time in the content delivery space, but looking to move to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success creating and executing strategies for developing multi-million dollar global accounts that will give our customers the opportunity to realize maximum business value from our product. Working closely with the Global Head of Account Management, this individual will also collaborate with Regional Strategic and Key Account Managers who hold key customer relationships, plus Account Development Reps who can provide assistance with an outbound approach to new contacts.
Ideally based near a main Varnish sales office in London, New York or Los Angeles. However, this is a global role so we can accept a remote/hybrid approach providing the candidate is near a global hub and able to regularly travel to visit customers and Varnish Offices.
Account Expansion - Collaborate with the Account Management team to identify opportunities for upselling and cross-selling within our existing customer accounts. Develop and execute strategies to increase customer spend and maximize their use of Varnish Software's solutions.
Customer Relationship Management - Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders within customer organizations. Understand their evolving needs and ensure they see value in our solutions, leading to growth
Market Analysis - Continuously monitor the market and industry trends to identify new business areas and geographies with growth potential. Develop and execute plans to enter these markets and expand our customer base.
Collaboration - Work closely with the Sales, Product, and Marketing teams to align efforts and drive account growth. Provide valuable insights and feedback to improve our offerings.
Reporting and Analysis - Track and report on key performance indicators related to account growth and revenue generation. Use data-driven insights to optimize strategies and deliver results.
We strongly value the following qualities within our team;
- Advanced communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Great storyteller and an even better listener
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to think outside the box to drive positive improvement
- Strong work ethic
- Team player willing to share learnings from successes and challenges alike
- An authentic approach
- Proficient in major relevant sales tools - Salesforce, Hubspot, LinkedIn
For this new role in particular it would be great to see;
- Proven track record of successfully growing large customer accounts in the technology or software sector
- Strong understanding of the technology landscape, especially in content delivery space
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with the ability to present and influence at all levels of an organization.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and capable of working independently.
- Global mindset with the willingness to travel
- A strategic thinker who can develop and execute growth plans.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package with commission and performance-based bonuses
- Chance to build and have a huge impact shaping a new role
- A flexible work environment
- Opportunities for career growth within a rapidly expanding company
- A collaborative and innovative team culture
- Comprehensive benefits package