Varnish Software’s powerful caching technology helps the world’s biggest content providers deliver lightning-fast web and streaming experiences for huge audiences, without downtime or loss of performance.
Our solutions combine open-source flexibility with enterprise robustness to speed up media streaming services, accelerate websites and APIs, and enable global businesses to build custom CDNs, unlocking unbeatable content delivery performance and resilience. Our customers are able to scale easily to match peaks in demand, protect their critical infrastructure and keep costs predictable, enabling them to deliver great web experiences for all of their users, at all times.
To help us support our customers in developing and implementing creative solutions for their biggest challenges, we are looking for a customer-facing engineer who can deliver either remote or onsite customer Varnish projects in EU.
In this role you will:
- Become a Varnish specialist/expert
- Become a CDN specialist/expert
- Use this knowledge to deliver custom implementation projects such as onboarding, monitoring, high availability, integration and development.
- Travel frequently to meet and work with customers, some of which are the biggest brands within their markets
- Work with our engineering teams to come up with solutions to meet new trends
We’re looking for candidates with proven experience with the following:
- Linux background
- Previous experience as a developer or a sysadmin
- Good communication skills (you will need to explain your work to users and teach/train them)
- Eager to learn and experiment
- Varnish experience is a plus
- CDN experience is a plus
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to new environments all the time
- Strong understanding of web performance, scalability, and implementation constraints
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English and Spanish
What we offer:
- Ability to influence product development, creating administration and analytics tools
- A happy, creative, non-hierarchical work environment in which you are a valued member of our organization
- Involvement in the complete lifecycle of software products
- Interaction and cooperation with top global customers
- An opportunity to showcase your work in community meetups and other conferences where applicable
- Contribute your expertise as part of the support rotation
- An international environment with offices and colleagues all over the world
- Working location can be Spain or London
At Varnish Software, we take pride in our software and products, and we value innovation. We strive to hire team members who share these values. We offer an open, honest, and international culture in a laid-back and stimulating work environment. You will be working with some of the brightest and most talented people in the industry. We offer competitive salaries, full benefits, generous vacation time, and more.
Varnish Software is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability.