Varnish Software is a global technology company that provides world-class content delivery solutions to some of the biggest global brands. The uniquely flexible caching software also has millions of companies using its Open Source technology.
As part of the company’s continued global expansion Varnish is recruiting a Key Account Manager EMEA. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and growing an exciting portfolio of some of the biggest and most innovative businesses in the region. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, revenue focused Account Manager to be part of an already established and rapidly growing team well placed to take advantage of an extremely exciting time in the content delivery space.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success with global accounts, preferably working with a technical solution or in the technology sector. The Account Manager will be able to apply a strategic and consultative approach to working with clients and hitting growth targets. This is a sales role and the revenue generated from the Account Management team significantly contributes to the wider sales team. The candidate may currently have a hunter/Business Development role but enjoy relationship building and be suitable to apply their skills and experience to Account Management.
Due to the International nature of this role, a second European language is highly preferred (Swedish, Spanish, French). The candidate will be based in London and will report to the Head of Account Management.
The position provides;
- Basic salary + Commission and sales incentives
- Flexible time off with 25 days of vacation starting immediately
- Great opportunity for future progression in a global company
- The potential to be part of a global success story
- The opportunity to work with an international organisation with offices in the US, Sweden, UK and ASIA
- Opportunity to work with some of the worlds biggest organisations
- Continued coaching, training and development opportunities
- Operating within the global account management strategy and creating specific account strategies to realise revenue objectives
- Responsibility for achieving objectives and revenue targets for your assigned accounts
- Ensure best practices in all areas of client interaction to surpass client expectations
- Utilise existing client relationships to generate referral new business leads
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Varnish products, sectors and relevant eco-system
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the in-house sales tools
- Negotiate contracts in the interest of the business and the client
- Ensure full compliance of sales tools including Salesforce & HubSpot
- Collaborate with SDR and marketing teams for prospect and client events
- Provide timely and accurate pipeline and revenue forecast
- Provide market and competitor intelligence
- Proven experience in sales and key account management, preferably in the technology field
- Business level second Language prefered (Swedish, Spanish, French)
- Proficient in major relevant sales tools - Salesforce, Hubspot, LinkedIn
- Must have advanced communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in sales or as an account manager with global accounts
- Proven track record of consistently meeting and exceeding sales quota
- Formal sales/account management training applied in the field (TAS, Value Selling, etc)
- Preferable experience in the technology and/or CDN, Cloud, Streaming.
- International experience
About Varnish: https://www.varnish-software.com/about
Hiring Manager: Head of Account Management - Kristian Biggs
Varnish-Software is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability.