Varnish Software’s powerful caching technology helps the world’s biggest content providers deliver lightning-fast web and streaming experiences for huge audiences, without downtime or loss of performance.
Our solutions combine open-source flexibility with enterprise robustness to speed up media streaming services, accelerate websites and APIs, and enable global businesses to build custom CDNs, unlocking unbeatable content delivery performance and resilience. Our customers are able to scale easily to match peaks in demand, protect their critical infrastructure, and keep costs predictable, enabling them to deliver great web experiences for all of their users, at all times.
To help us support our customer in Tokyo in keeping our CDN fully operational, we are looking for our newest Support Engineer to join Varnish Software. In this role, you will be a part of the customer's team but also work closely with our Tokyo team and our Global Managed Services team. You will support some of the world’s largest enterprises and assist highly competent customer with excellent service and technical problem-solving. Varnish Software is a fast-growing company in a fast-moving industry. Our employees are eager to learn and experiment. We work hard, and we have a good time doing it!
Your everyday tasks will include:
- Using your expertise to deliver excellent technical support
- Working with our operations engineering team to come up with solutions to meet customer needs
- Troubleshooting and solving customer´s problems
- Assisting developers with testing
- Updating documentation
- Previous experience as a DevOps, developer, sysadmin, or second and/or third-line support
- Proven experience and knowledge of Linux
- Kubernetes experience
- Excellent communication skills and English fluency, both written and verbal
- Varnish experience will be an advantage
As a human being you are:
Start: As soon as possible
Work extends: 100%, on a 24/7 schedule
Location: Tokyo, at Varnish customer in Tokyo and close to Varnish Tokyo team and Global Managed Services.
Language: The company language is English. The customer's company language is also English (Japanese is not a requirement).