Varnish Software’s powerful caching technology helps the world’s biggest content providers deliver lightning-fast web and streaming experiences for huge audiences, without downtime or loss of performance.
Our solutions combine open-source flexibility with enterprise robustness to speed up media streaming services, accelerate websites and APIs, and enable global businesses to build custom CDNs, unlocking unbeatable content delivery performance and resilience. Our customers are able to scale easily to match peaks in demand, protect their critical infrastructure and keep costs predictable, enabling them to deliver great web experiences for all of their users, at all times.
As Varnish expands in the US, we are creating a diverse, robust development hub in New York to support both innovation and booming growth in the US. To meet accelerating demand, we are seeking talented, curious software engineers who want to contribute to the rapidly evolving team, getting started as soon as possible.
As a Software Engineer at Varnish Software, you will:
- Be part of a team in New York.
- Be part of a R&D team that is responsible for product development and research.
- Develop new features and functionality, providing strong know-how and creative ideas for solving problems.
We believe that you have:
- Experience in a memory management and typed language (Preferably C/C++)
- Experience in web development (HTTP / Browser / JS)
- Experience using version control systems like git
- A Linux background
It would be great if you also have:
- A basic understanding of the HTTP protocol, DNS and TCP/IP.
- Experience in Unit Testing
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Worked with CDN, video streaming or web performance related projects.
And we believe that you are:
- Adaptable and a pragmatic problem solver.
- Driven by learning new things.
- Comfortable with collaboration and open communication.
- Good at following instructions and pays attention to details.
At Varnish Software, we take pride in our software and products, and we value innovation. We strive to hire team members who share these values. We offer an open, honest, and international culture in a laid-back and stimulating work environment. You will be working with some of the brightest and most talented people in the industry. We offer competitive salaries, full benefits, generous vacation time, and more.
Varnish Software is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability.