Varnish Software’s powerful caching technology helps the world’s biggest content providers deliver lightning-fast web and streaming experiences for huge audiences, without downtime or loss of performance.
Our solutions combine open-source flexibility with enterprise robustness to speed up media streaming services, accelerate websites and APIs, and enable global businesses to build custom CDNs, unlocking unbeatable content delivery performance and resilience. Our customers are able to scale easily to match peaks in demand, protect their critical infrastructure and keep costs predictable, and deliver great web experiences for all of their users, at all times.
We are now looking for talented Operations Engineers in Tokyo or Singapore to support our solutions team.
As an Operations Engineer at Varnish Software, you will:
- Be part of a team responsible for customer solutions.
- Perform daily operations for our hosted solutions. This includes monitoring, software and security patching, emergency bug fixes and managing our customers’ ticket queue.
- Maintain Varnish products and solutions, and manage specific tools for daily operations.
- Work closely with our system engineers team and be a part of application management.
- Own, manage, tune and continuously improve all monitoring applications.
- In time, take part in the 24x7 on-call support duty rotation.
We believe that you have:
- Previous experience (3 to 5 years) as a developer or a sysadmin.
- Excellent Linux skills (Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu or Debian).
- Experience with Docker containers and preferably Kubernetes or other orchestration frameworks.
- Strong understanding of web performance, scalability, and implementation constraints.
- Good understanding of the HTTP protocol, TCP/IP and DNS infrastructure.
- Good understanding of common and modern devops practices such as CI/CD, container deployments and automation using cloud native components.
- Good English verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Varnish Cache and Varnish Configuration Language is a plus.
- Experience with Python, shell script or Golang is a plus.
- Experience with operating or configuring a CDN is a plus.
- Experience with other reverse proxy technologies is a plus.
And we believe that you are:
- Adaptable and a pragmatic problem solver.
- Comfortable with collaboration and open communication and enjoy contact with customers as an operations engineer.
At Varnish Software, we take pride in our software and products, and we value innovation. We strive to hire team members who share these values. We offer an open, honest, and international culture in a laid-back and stimulating work environment. You will be working with some of the brightest and most talented people in the industry. We offer competitive salaries, full benefits, generous vacation time, and more.
Varnish Software is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability.